May 8, 2007

THE FIRE TREE


One of the things I look forward to when summer comes is the eventual blossoming of the fire tree just over the fence of my grandma’s backyard. I don’t know how long it’s been there, but I remember having already gaped at it in my younger years. It has always stood tall and regal, with its flowers a most vibrant orange with hints of lemon yellow. From afar, it looks like a big ball of fire, blazing against the blue skyscape.


I’ve seen so many fire trees around where I live, but even if we line them all up, this fire tree over the fence of my grandma’s backyard would undoubtedly stand out among them all.

1 comment:

cwilson26 said...

Hi,

You have been tagged by me. Now you are supposed to write a post in your blog with 5 reasons why you blog. Include in your post 5 other blogs you want to tag and then go to their blogs and leave a comment letting them know they have been tagged. Go to my blog for more information:
http://cwilson26.blogspot.com

Don't forget to link back to me for tagging you. :)