Feb 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

It's Ash Wednesday, and for Catholics it means a day of fasting, abstinence, and remembering. Remembering what? That "man comes from dust and to dust he shall return."

Ash Wednesday also means the beginning of the lenten season, the season which characterizes the sufferings and sacrifices of Jesus. This season calls for sacrifice, and though it's not really a requirement to offer a sacrifice during this 40-day period, I nonetheless would like to temporarily give up something that I love --- meat ... including chicken meat!

We normally abstain from eating meat on Fridays of lent, but this year, I want to do it for the entire season. Sounds drastic? I suppose because that means I won't be having KFCs until Easter Sunday.

Oh, well...

Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

No comments: